We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blind Pass Condos - good or what?

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis, IN
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Blind Pass Condos - good or what?

I am planning a five day visit in early October and would like to know what you think of the Blind Pass Condos. Read three reviews that sounded very positive but would like some more.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blind Pass Condos - good or what?

Just let me say I know Blind Pass (which is at Bowman's Beach, not Blind Pass) but I have never stayed there. I can tell you a bit about them, but hopefully some whit firsthand knowledge can respond and correct any errors I make.

The complex reminds me bit of some of those in hawaii. The building surround a large central courtyard that has a pool. The beach is a walk over an access path and little bridge. There is nothing between it and the beach except trees (or what's left of them) and a cut of water. I daresay you may well now see the beach and even the Gulf if your unit in on the top floor of one of the buildings at the back of the complex.

The condos vary a lot in size and many are very large. All are privately owned, so the quality of the furnishings and overall upkeep is the owner's and that too can vary. I'd say the grounds are well cared for.

This part of Sanibel took a hit from Charley and Bowman's was one of the last of the beach's to be reopened. Haven't been on it since Charley, so can't say how it's doing, as it was still closed when I was there. It is an area of sanibel that has no restaurants or shops. You'll need to drive to find them. It's quiet there and you'll have lots of wildlife viewing. Shelling in this area is know to be good and the beaches uncrowded. October is usually a great month for Sanibel and when I like to stay if I can.

Wish I could be more help.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blind Pass Condos - good or what?

I've been to Bowman's since Charley, but I confess to not paying a lot of attention to the condos. I suspect that earlybrass is right about the beach view, as most of the Australian pines were taken out by Charley.

It is an incredibly quiet area, but I think quite pretty. I used to know some locals who would "vacation" there, so it must be pretty nice.

UK
Level Contributor
396 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blind Pass Condos - good or what?

We stayed in an apartment at Blind Pass Condos a few years ago, it was lovely. We went to somewhere different this Christmas but the hurricane did hit Bowmans Beach badly and it is very bare compared to a couple of summers ago. The beach is great for shelling though, and due to crossing the bridge to get to the sea, and all the undergrowth there you do get quite badly bitten without adequate protection.