We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pools at Waterside Inn, Sanibel

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
473 reviews
Save Topic
Pools at Waterside Inn, Sanibel

For the last few years we have spent January 2-9 in Sanibel at the West Wind Inn. Unfortunately we have been unable to book West Wind Inn for 2006 as they are not accepting bookings yet and cannot tell us when they may. So rather than be left with nowhere to go I did some digging around and have found there is availability at the Waterside Inn which has great reviews on this site and seems a good alternative.

I have a question around the pools though - we like to lie by the pool in the sun. I heard that one of the pools at Waterside is quite shaded and that the other is only for the use of visitors staying in the Condos (we would be staying in a cottage).

Has anyone been to Waterside and could comment please

Thanks

Sanibel
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pools at Waterside Inn, Sanibel

I actually work at Waterside Inn and you can use either pool. The pool located near the cottages does have a few trees around it but you will still get plenty of sun. The pool at the condos is more open and less crowded. Hope this helps!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pools at Waterside Inn, Sanibel

Many thanks Sue - that was the final confirmation I needed. I'm happy to go ahead and book now, the Waterside looks great and I'm looking forward to discovering a new "home" on Sanibel!

Lake St. Louis...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pools at Waterside Inn, Sanibel

Waterside Inn has a nice beach area...enjoy

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pools at Waterside Inn, Sanibel

thanks guys, I went ahead and booked the Waterside for 5 nights in early January and now that we have finally ironed out some booking problems (where they charged the deposit twice to my credit card and then, against my wishes, refunded one, incurring me $20 loss in exchange rate crossovers !) I am looking forward to our stay there.