We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updates on West Wind Inn

Boston...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Updates on West Wind Inn

We're heading here on 10/1. We've never been to the Gulf side of FLA so wanted to start with Sanibel. Thanks to all who have provided updates on this forum.

Does anyone know a status on this resort? Per website, I know it's open - only.

I know it's been an obvious challenge for all and we not planning to cancel at this time - just want to know what to expect.

Excited to check out the shells!

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sanibel Moorings
Sanibel Moorings
#1 of 20 hotels in Sanibel Island
Island Inn
Island Inn
#5 of 20 hotels in Sanibel Island
Waterside Inn on the Beach
Waterside Inn on the Beach
#9 of 20 hotels in Sanibel Island
2 replies to this topic
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Updates on West Wind Inn

This was posted on their Facebook page along with beautiful photos. Things will be much better by 10/1! Hope the shelling is great!

"Thanks to our tremendous, hard-working team, West Wind Inn of Sanibel is excited to report that we are welcoming guests back to the island Thursday, September 14. We are one of the few resorts on Sanibel and Captiva to be able to welcome guests to our wonderful islands. As you can see by the photos captured Wednesday, September 13, we are ready and anxious to make your vacation dreams come true."

Mentioned in this post
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
2,266 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Updates on West Wind Inn

I went by there yesterday and the grounds look great no damage there were many cars in the parking lot so I think they already had guests yesterday. Shelling in front of the beach is insane.

Reply to: Updates on West Wind Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted