We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanford Airport to West Plam Beach

Which Sanford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Sanford Airport to West Plam Beach

I am flying into Sanford in July and then travelling directly onwards to West Plam Beach. What is the best way to get there? I originally hoped there would be a bus or shuttle service but it seems for that I would have to get into Orlando first which is not too convenient. I'm not keen on driving but fear that hiring a car is perhaps the easiest way to do it?

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanford Airport to West Plam Beach

Sorry I of course mean West Palm Beach....typing error!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanford Airport to West Plam Beach

Driving would be the normal and probably most economic solution. A Google search did turn up a service that claims to provide very expensive transportation from Sanford to West Palm Beach. I assume there would be others.

Sharnbrook
Level Contributor
51 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanford Airport to West Plam Beach

Travelling there in 2 weeks time. The easiest by far is to hire a car and take the Turnpike. Much better road and quicker than going east to I95.

However, depending on your arrival time it is possible to get the train down albeit not a very regular service.

If you research www.amtrak.com or an even better site www.seat61.com you'll find the rail times and fares.

Can't help you with buses etc as never taken that option.

Have a great trip!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanford Airport to West Plam Beach

Amtrak is twice a day. I think you'd be able to get from the airport to the Orlando station. There are shuttle bus services to Miami, reasonably priced, that serve Orlando hotels and such. I don't know whether any would serve Palm Beach County.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanford Airport to West Plam Beach

Actually, you may have another option. Try this link www.redcoachusa.com/terminals.html

It is a luxury bus service that is not terribly expensive.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanford Airport to West Plam Beach

Red Coach stops at Orlando International Airport (you can get a shuttle to there from Orlando Sanford) but its Palm Beach County stop is at a turnpike service plaza. I suppose you might possibly get a taxi from there, or just continue to Miami International Airport and take the Tri Rail service from there north to West Palm Beach.

RedCoach looks like an interesting alternative for people wanting to get from Orlando International to Miami International or from Miami to Key West.

7. Re: Sanford Airport to West Plam Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 27, 2013