We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair User seeking Information

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carbondale...
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wheelchair User seeking Information

Hi there, I am a power wheelchair user and my husband (of 11 days) and I really want to visit the St. Pete Beach area. I'd like to have direct beach access.... Can anyone recommend good places to stay?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheelchair User seeking Information

Hi, Congratulations to the newlyweds! Best wishes for many years of happiness!

There are many beachfront hotels in St Pete Beach - much depends on your budget. At the high end, take a look at the Loew's Don CeSar, TradeWinds Island Grand, and the Sirata. Mid-level, check out the Alden Beach Resort, the Beachcomber, the Grand Plaza. Nicer, budget-friendly hotels include the Bon Aire or Plaza Beach. You will be able to reach the sand from any of these, where you could view the Gulf and the sunset.

But having said that, I am not sure how well your power chair will work in the powdery, soft sand. Most of the times that I have seen a chair being used on the beach, it is one of the specialized, big-wheeled push chairs. These are available here at either of the Paradise Grille locations. Paradise Grilles are at the extreme northern (Upham Beach) and southern (Pass-a-Grille Beach) ends of St Pete Beach. The chairs are available on a first come basis, or they can be reserved.

Also, St Petersburg and Saint Pete Beach are separate municipalities, with separate forums, so you might want to take a look at the Saint Pete Beach Forum as well! :-)

2. Re: Wheelchair User seeking Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, November 21, 2013