We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do near The Vinoy Reniassance

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
368 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What to do near The Vinoy Reniassance

Hello we will be traveling to St Petersburg and staying at the Vinoy Reniassance in July, for about 4 days. My husband has a conference here and I will be needing to entertain my 9 year old daughter and 2 year old son....Can anyone please advise me what there is to do in that general area, and where the closet beach would be? Thank you, this will be our first time in the area, so any suggestions are welcome!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do near The Vinoy Reniassance

The Vinoy is a fabulous hotel. Plenty to do nearby, at least for the 9 year old. The 2 year old, perhaps not so much. There is a large park accross the road, a few museums, the Pier, an aquarium, surrey bike rental, and a movie theatre all within reasonable walking distance, but bring your stroller for the little one. There's also an outdoor market on Sat. morning. There is a small quasi beach-type area towards the Pier, (the real beaches are about 35 minutes away.) The concierge at the hotel will be able to help you and give you good directions.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do near The Vinoy Reniassance

Also you have the Tampa Bay Rays baseball. The beaches are more like 15-20 minutes away. St. Pete Beach and Pass-a-grille.

There is also a little municipal airport that your kids might like watching the planes fly in/out.

Edited: 10:12 pm, February 29, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
368 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do near The Vinoy Reniassance

Thank you both :) I really appreciate the great tips!

4. Re: What to do near The Vinoy Reniassance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:14 pm, June 12, 2013