We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping, shopping, shopping

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
shopping, shopping, shopping

I'm looking for some great shopping in the St. Petersburg area...any outlet stores, or big shopping centres?

Duncan McClellan Gallery
Art Galleries, Art Museums, Specialty Museums, Cultural Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours
Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

Prime Outlets at Ellenton are wonderful, big shopping centres in Tampa include Westshore Plaza and International Plaza, nearer St Petersburg Tyrone Square Mall.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

Thanks Glamourpuss...I'll be sure to check them out when I visit later this month...

Ridgeway, Virginia
Level Contributor
382 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

There is also great shopping at John's Pass in Madeira Beach - http://www.johnspass.com/shopping.cfm.

Don't forget the shops downtown, on the pier and in Baywalk in St. Petersburg plus there are large "market" sales in front of Baywalk and at the Saturday Morning Market in front of Progress Energy (veggie burgers are as good as they smell and cheap!) where there is also live music.

We also have the Mainsail arts fair coming up April 22nd and 23rd. I've been told over 300 vendors will be in Vinoy Park. See http://www.mainsailartsfestival.org/ for more info.

To get to Ellenton mall, take I-275 over Sunshine Skyway Bridge (toll) and take a right onto 75 south. You'll be there in a jiffy.

Ridgeway, Virginia
Level Contributor
382 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

Word to the wise on John's Pass Village - park somewhere else and take the beach trolley to it. While the shopping is fantastic, the parking leaves MUCH to be desired.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

Thanks SwimSwamSwum;we're staying in a condo in Madeira Beach, and will probably be regulars on the trolley...seems too convenient not to use, and probably a good place to meet people, too. I've read lots on the Bamboo Beer Garden, and John's Pass, and can hardly wait to get there....I'm also told that it's not unusual to see dolphins from the beach...is that so?

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

You can see dolphins on the beach and at John's Pass itself.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

Thanks, Glamourpuss...something else for me to look forward to...

Ridgeway, Virginia
Level Contributor
382 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

THere's a cool jewelry store (and inexpensive!) actually IN Fathoms restaurant. (I think that that is in Indian Rocks or Indian Shores). There is only one Fathoms though so just ask for it and that'll be the one. The food there is okay, not outstanding, but the building is gorgeous. Besides, I am really recommending the jewelry shop.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

Thanks again SwimSwamSwum...I am so looking forward to my trip. I've never been further south than Boston, so everything will be a treat. And what lady doesn't like jewellry? Indian Rocks can be accessed by the Beach Trolley, too, right?

Ridgeway, Virginia
Level Contributor
382 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shopping, shopping, shopping

Absolutely!