We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pier fishing near a hotel and beach

uk
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pier fishing near a hotel and beach

HI we are travelling to St Petes Beach area in July for a few days could anyone recommend a hotel close to a pier that my teenage son could fish on , while we relax around the hotel pool/beach. Ideally it would be within sight of us , as he is too young to go off by himself .

Im not sure whether St Petes or Clearwater would be best suited for us ,we have never been before and dont mind either resort . Im open to any advise

cheers

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pier fishing near a hotel and beach

Hi kal,

The only fishing pier on the beach in St Pete Beach is in Pass-a-Grille, at the extreme southern tip of the island. You could easily sit on the beach and keep an eye on the pier. There are some small hotels and inns within a 5 minute walk, but none from which you could see your son.

www.visitpassagrille.com

I would suggest you take a look at the Hilton in Clearwater Beach too. I think it might be just what you're looking for. :-)

There is also a fishing pier on the beach in North Reddington Beach (halfway between St Pete Beach and Clearwater Beach). I'm not sure which hotels, if any, are very close to the pier - try posting in that forum for additional info.

Good luck!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pier fishing near a hotel and beach

I also thought of the Hilton on Clearwater Beach. If you get a room on the South side of the hotel, you could sit on your private balcony and over look Pier 60, where he could fish.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pier fishing near a hotel and beach

The second picture in the body of this site, is the Hilton, taken from on Pier 60.

sandbarstosunsets.com/floridas-clearwater-be…

Pier 60 info http://pier60fishing.com/

uk
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pier fishing near a hotel and beach

Many thanks the Hilton looks perfect , bit expensive but seems the best option so we are going for it

5. Re: Pier fishing near a hotel and beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, May 31, 2012