We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in St-Pete

Montréal QC
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in St-Pete

Vinoy Renaissance or Hilton Carillon Park?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in St-Pete

For sure, the Vinoy! Location, location, location!

The Hilton is basically in a business district. The Vinoy is on the waterfront, overlooking a marina, Tampa Bay, and the St Pete Pier, and is within walking distance of museums, galleries, shops, nightlife, and great restaurants. To me, there is no question :-)

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in St-Pete

Will be in St. Pete for last week of May. Chose the Vinoy because of its location and the Marriott brand.

Montréal QC
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in St-Pete

We chose the Vinoy Hotel... it was great and we had a wonderful vacation in St Petersburg; we visited the beautiful Dali museum and the St Petersburg museum of Fine Art ... "la salle des glaces" impressed me... so nice! and a lot of very good restaurants .... many thanks for your recommendation, we appreciated

C & A

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in St-Pete

C & A,

Glad you had fun! Thanks for posting back. If you have time...what were some of the restaurants you enjoyed?

Montréal QC
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in St-Pete

Hi Maya

For the quality of food and the service, we enjoyed so much :

Cassis for breakfast.

Columbia at the Pier for romantic dinner.

Bella Brava... nice and trendy italian restaurant and bar.

400 Beach Seafood and Tap House "en terrasse" in the evening.

Try them... we're sure you will love them...

Bon appétit!

C&A

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging in St-Pete

Merci!

As a local, I have eaten at all of these, and like them all very much. You found some of our favorite places!

It is so helpful for future visitors to be able to read of your experience while planning their own trips, so I do thank you again for taking the time to respond :-)

7. Re: Lodging in St-Pete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 28, 2012