We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spring break in St. Petersburg

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
spring break in St. Petersburg

Is St. Petersburg a place a lot of spring breakers go to? Also, did the hurricanes take their toll on the gulf front hotels, etc.? I have two teenage girls and would like to go to a safe place.

Southwest Florida
Level Contributor
206 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spring break in St. Petersburg

Kkckkksk -

We've had no damage to speak of and everything is open. St. pete is a little quieter than clearwater beach, but still has lots to do for teens. As for safety, obviously good sense comes first, though I would put it in the basically safe category, similar to other resort destinations.

The big advantage is that St. Pete has a trolley that runs the length of the island. It provides a little freedom for teens so you aren't driving them around everywhere.

One thing to consider - spring break, beacuase of baseball spring training in March, is very busy. If you are thinking about coming, I'd look into hotels now.

Good luck and see you at the beach...

2. Re: spring break in St. Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, May 20, 2009