We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fort myers to orlando how to get there without hiring a car

ireland
Level Contributor
205 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
fort myers to orlando how to get there without hiring a car

Hi i and my family hope totravel to the usa from ireland this july spending a few day with family in chicago then on wards to fortmyers but we would like to spend a few days in orlando to finish trip . We have 3 kids and they would like 2 day in disney so if I did not want to drive could we get a train or bus or should I bite the bullet and hire a car. It is just we drive on the left and I feel everything wolud be fast moving for me so any advice welcome

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fort myers to orlando how to get there without hiring a car

I think renting a car would be better. You could check the bus schedule for the Greyhound Bus lines, but that will be alot slower to get there than driving a car. Also, then you would need to get from the bus station to Disney somehow. Try posting this in the Orlando forum, as I have read alot of views from international travelers that were at first intimidated about driving here, but they really say they were surprised at how easy it really is. You could probably get alot of their opinions in the Orlando forum that might ease your mind about driving here. Enjoy the trip!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
602 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fort myers to orlando how to get there without hiring a car

Agree with Mark, you are better getting a car. Unfortunately, Florida doesn't have mass transit, so there is no way for you to get from Ft. Myers to Orlando without hiring a taxi, taking a Greyhound or hiring a private car. Driving here isn't that bad, and the trip will be mostly interstate driving, so you should do fine. Just hang in the right lane and try to keep with the flow of traffic.

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: fort myers to orlando how to get there without hiring a car

Another option is to fly. Southwest has $49 internet rate from Fort Myers to Orlando.

4. Re: fort myers to orlando how to get there without hiring a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 18, 2009