We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh My God Packed beaches

england
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Oh My God Packed beaches

Doing a trip to Florida on March 7th. Going to Daytona Bike week first for a few days and then want to chill out on a beach. I have never been to St. Petersburg area before and am considering to chill here. I have been trying to get a hotel but everything seems very expensive or fully booked! I'm not really into packed beaches with everyone fighting for a space and checking out everyones bits! Are the beaches over this side packed with humans or is it quite reserved. I'm starting to fear it could be a Ibizia kind of vibe and wonerding whether I should stay on the Daytona side of the world. Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks S & G

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
602 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh My God Packed beaches

Daytona will definitely have more people, especially for bike week AND spring break happening at the same time. Yet we draw a decent crowd here too. You don't have to stay right on St Pete Beach or Clearwater Beach, which is where most of the crowds will be. This county is one giant stretch of beach. Some folks like the quieter areas of Treasure Island, Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, etc. They are less touristy, but also don't have all the amenities that the bigger beach areas do, ie, restaurants, clubs and shopping. But if you're just looking to chill, I would try in between St Pete Bch and Clw Beach for your stay. Prices will be higher no matter where you choose as it's peak season throughout the entire state.

england
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh My God Packed beaches

Many thanks for your reply. We have thought about travelling north of St Petes Beach but trying to find a decent place to stay is difficult. Naturally, you check out each place on Tripadvisor and for one reason or another you end up talking yourself out of the many options. Sometimes too much knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Once again,

Thankyou.

S and G

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
602 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh My God Packed beaches

I know. We're planning a Nov trip to Athens, Greece, and just sorting through all the hotels is enough to make you want to cancel your trip. But be dilligent and don't give up. There are some nice quiet places all along the Pinellas coast to stay that'll take you away from the big crowds.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
472 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh My God Packed beaches

Some quieter options might be Pass-a-Grille, at the south end of St Pete Beach, or Anna Maria Island.

No high rises, places to eat nearby, and fairly quiet beaches.

5. Re: Oh My God Packed beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 25, 2009