We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint Petersburg/ Clearwater

upstate NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Saint Petersburg/ Clearwater

Hello! I'm traveling with my 2 children (9&7). We are flying into Tampa and driving to visit relatives in Dunnellon for two days. We would like to return to the St Pete/Clearwater area for 5 days. I will be 5 months pregnant. I am looking for a hotel on or near the beach that is clean, has a pool, child friendly, close or on the beach and close to shopping and restaurants. I'm looking for something around the 150/night range. Any suggestions on hotels and things to do with the kids would be greatly appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint Petersburg/ Clearwater

hi there.

i stayed at a place called The Gulfside Resort a while back which is basically 8 units which are divided into smaller rooms suitable for 2 adults and a few larger ones that will be more than suficient for you and your kids.

It was run by a lovely couple from Chicago and has a fantastic pool and is about a 2 min walk from the beach and is close to the shops.

its also down a side road so nice and peaceful

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Saint Petersburg/ Clearwater

Take a look at www.sunriseresortflorida.com.

2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom condos. Restaurants within walking distance and if you stay at the Sunrise Resort you can also use the facilities like the pedal boats that go around the hotel at the Tradewinds island Grand for a small fee

Some other ideas, bowling which is about 10 mins in the car, crazy golf 10 min walkins. cinema 5 mins in car to Corey Ave or 20 mins to Tyrone Square Mall wher there is a larger cinema and loads of shops with the usual food court. You will fine more info in the lobby of wherever you decide to stay. and www.floridasbeach.com

3. Re: Saint Petersburg/ Clearwater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. Pete Beach