We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camelot By The Sea

New Jersey
4 posts
Save Topic
Camelot By The Sea

As a past President of the association of where I live I wanted to see ALL PAID BILLS......I checked the checking account statement every month. I had an obligation to the 268 home owners. Predmore apparently did not use good judgement. If you know something about someone stealing money you should go to the police with the information. If not do not try to protect John. Even if you are right John should be held accountable. I don't believe he stole anything. He just didn't know what was going on around him.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camelot By The Sea

I don't know how these forums work - there seem to be 5 or so people posting about this topic and I would love to try and coordinate our efforts. NJtengineer, you seem to have experience with this sort of thing - what is an appropriate step to take - does it make sense to hire an attorney to try and protect any rights we might have? I too am in NJ - we also have an aprt. in Pass-a-grille and some weeks at Camelot (which we rent out) - I think at the very least we should be gathering as much information as we can!

Tampa, FL
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Camelot By The Sea

I work for a Tampa attorney who is looking into this on behalf of another Camelot owner. As we are still in the beginning stages of the investigation, I'd appreciate any information you'd like to provide me, such as the name and address of the person you sent your payments to. If you received any notice from the Tax Collector's office at all, a copy of that would be useful to us as well. Your name, address, phone, email address would also be helpful to us if you'd like to be kept up to date on what is happening. We do NOT officially represent the owner at this time, but as this other owner is a good friend, we're doing some investigating of the matter. Anyone who owns a unit, please feel free to respond to me via email, in order to protect your privacy. Kim Andrews email: andrewslawgroup@ix.netcom.com Please type CAMELOT in the subject line so I will be sure to see your note.

New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Camelot By The Sea

Hi Kim,

You say you work for a Tampa attorney that is looking into the Camelot matter for a friend. Yet you ask me questions like,to whom did I send my money ? Did I recieve a notice from the tax a collecters office? Your boss' friend should be able to answer your questions. I believe you are just trying to get a foot in the door so you could make money on someone's misfortune. If not have his friend give you the info.

New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Camelot By The Sea

Dear Soupiesue,

We are too far away. I do have a friends that lives on 5th St. in Pass-A-Grille. They are trying gathering info for me. Also last year when I was down I told a friend of thiers how to buy a unit which they did. He is an attorney and a friend of the DA. According to the newspaper there is 1.8 million that belongs to the assc'n. However if it is not claimed in 2 months it goes to the county coffers.

Watch this forum, I will try to keep you up to date.

Tampa
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Camelot By The Sea

There has been a Yahoo Group set up to simplify communication among Camelot Timeshare owners. Plus individual messages are being circulated among around 50 owners -- with the latest msg stating that there is supposedly an emergency meeting today of individual owners for the purpose of removing the old Association Board.. Don't know if that's true or not. If it is true, don't have any info as to where? when? or who has organized it.

…yahoo.com/group/Camelottimeshares/

Also, St Pete Attorney Lee Rightmyer has filed a complaint on behalf of the Association to reverse the sale. You can contact Janet Parker at jparker@carltonfields.com for a cy of the complaint.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camelot By The Sea

I will try that yahoo site for additional information but in the meantime I just wanted to thank njtengineer for replying to me - I am very concerned. I would like to put in a claim but have no idea where to turn. I also wonder how the developer was able to swoop in and purchase this place. $2 million?? Tiny properties go for more than that. I will stay in touch.

Soupiesue in NJ

Maryland
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Camelot By The Sea

Please read the posts on the Yahoo Groups Forum at Camelottimeshares. (See url listed above) You are invited to join.

Harrison township,Mi
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Camelot By The Sea

We have owned our timeshare at Camelot for over 10 years and are very very upset about this whole thing. Our son was to use our week at the end of January of which we had bought the air fare for and now he has no place to go. We contacted the Attorney Generals Office and was referred to an 800 number of which you could not speak to a live person. Then we went on line for the State of Florida and found the Consumer Protection site of which we were able to file a complaint. We just received a notice back saying that the division does not have jurisdiction over the subject so they forwarded our complaint to the Department of Business & Professional Regulation on our behalf. They are to reveiw the complaint and take whatever action they deem approiate - per the letter. Not sure if this will help any but at least there is a complaint filed. We are hoping someone will file a class action suit or something. We really just want the timeshare back - we loved it. This was not right and someone needs to be held responsible.

Maryland
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Camelot By The Sea

Thanks for the information and your efforts on behalf of all of us Camelot timeshare owners. This wrongful action by the County affects all timeshare owners in Florida. THe County must not be able to merely send a notice to an office instead of to the recorded deed owners. Two lawsuits have been filed already. One against Pinellas County and one against the timeshare BOD. Please visit our Camelit Timeshare Forum and join 51 other Camelot timeshare owners. We are listed on yahoo under groups and then search for camelottimeshares.

Fairfield,CT
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Camelot By The Sea

Hi I am shocked to read about Camelot by the sea. I have owned five weeks there for over 20 years.What has happened??I dont know any facts and made phone calls to see what happened to the check I sent 4 weeks ago for taxes that are due each year. No answer to calls. R.h.Porter>>Harrison782@sbcglobal.net

Thanks to anyone that can enlighten me