We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Busch Gardens and its water park worth the money??

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wyncote,pa
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is Busch Gardens and its water park worth the money??

We will be at the Tradewinds for Easter break this March with a 3,6,6, and 8 yrold. Is Tampa Busch garden and its water park worth the money? Also, We are considering a day at Sea world: how far is it from St Pete's and is it a good idea? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Lakeland, Florida
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Busch Gardens and its water park worth the money??

I think that Busch Gardens is definitely worth the money. There are tons of things to do there and see. It's not actually a water park, but it does have several water rides. This would probably be a good choice for your group because people of all ages love animals, and there are ride choices that cater to everyone in your age category. They have some really fun rollercoasters if anyone in your group is into those. There are also shows: an ice show, dolphin show, etc. If you have time to do Sea World, it's also a good choice. Only a couple of rides, but great animal shows. It's about an hour and a half to two hours from St. Pete (depending on the traffic).

If you choose both parks, look for a combined rate since they're both owned by the Busch Corporation. Have fun!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Busch Gardens and its water park worth the money??

I know so many people who go to Orlando and don't bother with Busch Gardens and I think it is a shame because it is DEFINATELY worth the hour and half journey. There is indeed, as the previous person said, something for everyone and it never feels as crowded and busy as the Disney, Universal Parks - it has a much more relaxed feel to it. We never go to Orlando without visiting Busch Gradens.

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Busch Gardens and its water park worth the money??

I totaly agree with holidaynut....

buffalo, ny
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Busch Gardens and its water park worth the money??

Absolutely worth the money. And you will get wet. It's not so much a water park, but rides that involve water and lots of it. It was a blast. The shows were excellent, and some great restaurants. Clydesdales were up close and personal -- we had a great time and spent the entire day. Make sure to get a map so you don't miss anything. A lot of the rides pass through the animal areas, so it's pretty novel. I don't do rollercoasters. But my husband was in seventh heaven -- they all looked wicked to me!