We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Cruise | St. Pete Beach

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Cruise | St. Pete Beach

Hi all,

Staying on St. Pete Beach in September. Wanted to do a dinner cruise. We will be going up to Tampa, so it's okay if the port is in Tampa. Could you all recommend some good ones? I don't like that Yacht StarShip will automatically charge 18% to your drinks bill (dinner being included in the "cruise admission ticket").

Thanks so much for any insight!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Cruise | St. Pete Beach

Starlite dinner cruises is just around the corner on the Corey Causeway. They do lunch cruises as well.

starlitediningcruises.com/St_Petersburg/inde…

Edited: 4:40 pm, July 15, 2014
Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Cruise | St. Pete Beach

Tutman, thanks for the quick reply. Have you heard any reviews on this? I've read some… overall a mediocre experience. I just don't want there to be like 5 people on board and so it's awkward.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Cruise | St. Pete Beach

The Starlite Princess and their other boat, the Dolphin Racer, are docked directly accross the street from my winter condo and I see their boats almost every day. They appear busy enough in the winter tourist season, but I can't speak to the activity in September. We have only been on the Dolphin Racer, and not the Starlite Princess. As a somewhat experiences traveller, my personal expectation of a venture such as this, is that you take the dinner cruise as part of an "overall experience", rather than just for the food. ( If all you are looking for is great food, then I would imagine there are better restaurants.) That being said, I think it would be an enjoyable and memorable experience, but within expectation, and it won't break the bank. If it gives you value for money and you have a good time, that's all that counts. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Enjoy your stay in SPB.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Cruise | St. Pete Beach

We have done the dinner cruise, and I agree with Tutman's assessment. The food is certainly edible, but it is banquet-quality. The entertainment is pleasant enough - very generic, something-for-everyone. The boat stays in the intracoastal waterway.

I, too, would be concerned about a sparse crowd in September, which is a very quiet time around here. I know there are some nights it doesn't go out, but I don't know if they schedule it that way, or sometimes don't hit a minimum number of passengers.

I think a much more enjoyable evening would be a sunset sail followed by a nice dinner at a restaurant. JMHO

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner Cruise | St. Pete Beach

Thank you for your replies, both of you! Very much appreciated.

6. Re: Dinner Cruise | St. Pete Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 19, 2015