We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Choosing a Resort

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
125 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help Choosing a Resort

I have been reading reviews for weeks and can not find a resort i am excited about. Can you help me?

Going to a business meeting at Lowes Don Cesar is a few weeks and my husband and i are going the weekend prior for 3 nights (friday thru monday). Here is what i would love in a resort...does anything in Saint Pete come close to this?

Great beach

Beach Bar or bar service on beach

More adults than children

Ability to walk to restaurants

Understated luxury, casual atmosphere

Fridge in room would be plus

Clean

Live music plus

Budget would be $500 per night. Would consider other cities if within 60 minutes.

Thanks for everyone's help!

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Choosing a Resort

The closest resort to meeting your criteria in SPB is actually the Don. The only thing missing is the ability to walk to restaurants. The Tradewinds Island Grand might suit you, but I think it may be too family-oriented.

I suggest that you take a look at the Sandpearl in Clearwater Beach. It is a newer luxury property right on the beach, and very conveniently located. I think it might be just what you're hoping for!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
393 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Choosing a Resort

How about the brand new Hotel Zambora

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Choosing a Resort

I agree with Maya. The Don is the only place on the beach that fits all of your criteria except for walking to restaurants. The Hotel Zamora is lovely, but across the street from the beach.It is not a resort, rather a small boutique style hotel. Some rooms face the intercoastal and some face across Gulf Blvd. to the beach. The roof top is now open. The restaurant is excellent. You have to request a refrigerator in your room. The Sirata has some nice renovated rooms, directly on the beach, 2 nice beach bars and spa. Walk to restaurants. There is a mix of families. Guy Harvey and Tradewinds are large resorts but Tradewinds Grand especially has lots of families. They are also big convention locations. I don't know the Sand Pearl, but it sounds very much like what you are looking for. It would also give you a chance to spend time in both Clearwater and St. Pete.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
375 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Choosing a Resort

Regarding Maya's reply of not being able to walk to restaurant from the Don, keep in mind that there is a public trolley system and also a free beach ride service (they work for tips) so no worries about getting to almost any restaurant without driving.

5. Re: Help Choosing a Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 16, 2015