We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking Beach Trolley from CWB to St Pete Beach and back

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
103 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Taking Beach Trolley from CWB to St Pete Beach and back

Hello! I posted this on the Clearwater Beach forum as well but wanted feedback from St Pete Beach people too.

Instead of lying on the beach every day of our vacation, we're thinking about riding the trolleys one day. I'm particularly interested in the Beach Trolley that travels between Clearwater Beach and St. Pete Beach.

Since we've never been to the gulf, I would like to get off the trolley several times on the way down to St. Pete Beach. Not interested in shopping. We would like to stop at several beach bars on the way...just to grab a few beers with our toes in the sand.

Could you please suggest 3 or 4 fun/interesting bars/restaurants along the Beach Trolley route?

Thank you!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking Beach Trolley from CWB to St Pete Beach and back

The trip from CWB to SPB takes about an hour on the trolly bus. If you are going to get on and off, just buy a day pass. I'm not a bar person, but Caddy's on the Beach at the south end of Treasure Island (Crescent Beach) is a popular and fun spot. The bar is a just a short walk from the bus-stop on Gulf Blvd.

http://www.caddysotb.com/

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking Beach Trolley from CWB to St Pete Beach and back

Here's the schedule/route map

http://www.psta.net/beachtrolley.php

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking Beach Trolley from CWB to St Pete Beach and back

Jimmy B's at the Beachcomber is very nice. They have nice decks on different levels, outside and "inside" bars, music in the afternoon and and evening, good beach bar appetizers.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking Beach Trolley from CWB to St Pete Beach and back

Jimmy B's at the Beachcomber in St. Pete beach is very nice. They have nice decks on different levels, outside and "inside" bars, music in the afternoon and and evening, good beach bar appetizers.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking Beach Trolley from CWB to St Pete Beach and back

There's a new beach bar at the Plaza Beach Hotel called Rick's Reef Beachside. It's very private and has amazing views and is right on the sand with lots of seating on the beach.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking Beach Trolley from CWB to St Pete Beach and back

I second Isabella's recommendation for Ricks Reef Beachside - amazing place to watch a sunset! PS the Ricks Reef restaurant 6712 Gulf has fantastic food too.

7. Re: Taking Beach Trolley from CWB to St Pete Beach and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, July 14, 2015