We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices have went up since last year!

Indiana
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
prices have went up since last year!

Hello,

Trying to book the family vacation this year for St Pete and can't believe how prices have went up compared to last year. Have it narrowed down to the Alden or the Sirata. Enjoy the beach bars and poolside but have a question. Are you allowed to smoke on the grounds at The Alden? I know you can at the Sirata unless that has changed. Also appreciate any advice from those that have stayed at The Alden. I am looking at the gulf front 4 story building and daughter wants the Poolside. Are there views of the ocean if you stay on Poolside or what do you see? Hard to tell from looking at there website?? Any advice on any place is appreciated.

michigan
Level Contributor
179 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices have went up since last year!

Hello,

We have stayed at both. Love the suit at the Alden. We had a gulf front room and it was so worth it. You can smoke on the grounds. We really liked it there. We have also stayed at the Sirata. The Alden is a little more low key. There are 2 pools at the Alden so I do not beleive the pool side rooms would have a great view. The beach bar is nice and has a cool fire place at night. The Sirata was more money and a very nice resort with the pool area and 2 beach bars and entertainment but the 2 room suite at the Alden with full size fridge is a much better value.

Indiana
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: prices have went up since last year!

Thank you for the reply. Can guests that stay at Aldens use any of the beach activities at the Tradewinds next door? Call me spoiled but I feel like we are going to have regrets due to staying in between two very upscale resorts (Tradewinds ). Hope I am wrong.

Reigate, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prices have went up since last year!

I was thinking the same thing. We are staying at Tradewinds but friends may also come but already told us no way they can pay the Tradewinds prices which I can understand. I saw that the Alden Suites were so much cheaper and close by and to be honest if it were just my husband and I would be tempted to stay here but as we have a 13 year old son, I think he will love all the activities on offer. I know we will only have one cabana but also wondered if friends would be able to rent one next to us. I assume there would be no problem them coming for a meal in the restaurant. I would be a little uncomfortable anyone not staying there using the pools but guess this would be frowned upon anyway.

I am really looking forward to it but a week here in a one bedroom is costing more than 15 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in Orlando in a 2 bedroom. Sure we will love it though.

michigan
Level Contributor
179 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prices have went up since last year!

You would have to contact Tradewinds about the beach activities but I think you can buy some sort of pass. Not for the activites pool side. Once you are there the beach is the star of the show. The tiki bars up and down the beach are so much fun. You may not be at your hotel as much as you think.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prices have went up since last year!

Prices generally go up every year. Most hotels raise prices anywhere from $10 to $50 per night depending on the rates to start with. Unless you really plan on using tons of the amenities specific to the Tradewinds, I would not bother staying there. You can purchase a day pass. The day pas does include pool access and more www.justletgoshop.com/tradewinds-daypass. I would probably save the money and get a day pass when I wanted to use any of the Tradewinds options. The beach is the same everywhere and my money is more important than anything. And honestly I don't think the rooms at the Tradewinds are nicer than anywhere else.

6. Re: prices have went up since last year!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 21, 2015