We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Access

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
364 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Access

We will be staying at a condo on Gulf Blvd which is across the street from the Undertow Beach Bar. If walking to the beach where are we allowed to access it? Is there access between the properties for use by the public or are there certain places that non-patrons/non-guests of the beachfront properties should use?

Thanks

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Access

There is a public beach access point around the 4800 block of Gulf blvd, just accross from the Dolphin Plaza. There is public parking there, plus a service bldg. there, with rest rooms, etc.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Access

The lot directly across from the Undertow is an empty field (one of the few on Gulf Blvd), so I am assuming that you are staying at one of the condos just south of there? (I know you like to be on the Intracoastal!)

All of the businesses/buildings across from these condos have Private Property signs, prohibiting beach access. You could head up to the main parking lot as suggested above, but a much shorter, quicker walk would be south to the westbound end of 37th Ave. Do take care to stay on the path through the sand dunes, and stay out of the sea oats.

An alternate walk would be to cut through the Beach Access path along the south side of the Plaza Beach parking lot.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Access

There is beach access at the street light about a block up. Most people just cut through hotels though and it's usually not an issue.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
364 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Access

Thanks guys. I google-earthed it. I'm leery to cut down 37th because there's a sign at the end that says Don Cesar properties (amazing what you can eye spy from the midwest, ha). Think I'll utilize the true public accesses. I was kinda hoping to not have to take car or hike a long way. Thanks again though.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Access

Yes, you are absolutely correct that there is a Don CeSar private property sign there. I do understand why you don't feel comfortable entering there. Your choice, but, truly, folks use that path all the time.

I think you'll have an 8-10 minute hike to the nearest access.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Access

The beach access I was referring to is at Gulf and 44th, right next to the Bon Aire. There's a crosswalk there that takes you directly to a public beach access walkway. It's at the corner of Gigi's and Walgreens.

7. Re: Beach Access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 17, 2015