We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - long weekend, beach view with balcony

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
38 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay - long weekend, beach view with balcony

We seriously considered Don Cesar, but for a long weekend, I hate to break the bank to get the view we want. So that leaves us with Sunset Vistas (TI), Grand Plaza, and Sirata. (Guy Harvey doesn't appear to have any more beach view balconies available for our weekend). We will have a car.

Any feedback you can offer would be greatly appreciated! We don't want to miss out on a great experience over $100, so resort fees or variations in price are not a deal breaker.

Thank you!!

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay - long weekend, beach view with balcony

We have stayed many times at the Sirata Beach and always had wonderful experiences. There are many different room styles and locations to choose from. We stayed once at the Grand Plaza but preferred the grounds and amenities of the Sirata. I am not familiar with Sunset Vistas. Either location will give you great sunsets and nice beachfront. You can easily walk or take the free beach shuttle to restaurants along St. Pete Beach down to Pass a Grille.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay - long weekend, beach view with balcony

plazabeachresorts.com/plaza-beach-hotel-beac… is reasonably priced and clean. Only 2 rooms I think have balconies overlooking the pool and beach, so you would need to specify that if you inquire with them.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay - long weekend, beach view with balcony

The Sirata would be my first choice, followed by the Grand Plaza. The pool areas at the Sirata are larger, if that is of concern to you. I like the restaurants at the GP slightly better, but both places are very conveniently located close to lots of restaurants, shops, bars, etc., so that may not matter much.

Sunset Vistas doesn't really seem to be in the same category as the others, in my mind.

Be sure to ask for an upper floor for the best view!

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay - long weekend, beach view with balcony

The Plaza Beach has four direct gulf front rooms with balcony, there are other rooms with just a partial view, but no private balcony (Shared walkway area for sitting outside your room). Highly recommend any room there!

5. Re: Where to stay - long weekend, beach view with balcony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, January 04, 2015