We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We'rInterested in renting a waterfront condo on intercoastal

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
388 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
We'rInterested in renting a waterfront condo on intercoastal

My boyfriend and I are returning to St Pete the 3rd week of Sept, 2013.

Could anyone recommend a condo or private rental on the waterway in Treasure Island, St Pete, or Pass-a-Grille not too far off of Gulf Blvd. We would like to be able to walk back to the property from one of the local shutte stops. We will have a car but want to keep it parked after having drinks. It would need to be ground level (husband has a minor disability), full kitchen, and outdoor bbq area (not shared) . Ideally a nice size porch or private sitting area outside where we could spend evenings watching the boaters and lights on the water while grilling and enjoying evening drinks. We really only need 1BR and 1 BA but would consider a larger unit if the other amenities called our name. A pool is not a requirement, a jucuzzi might be nice but also not required. We would enjoy morning fishing from a dock close to our property.

We usually spend our days beachside so we thought it would be a nice change to spend our mornings and evenings on the intercoastal (intracoastal ??), not sure which is correct.

I have spent way too many hours scouring the vbro, homeaway, etc sites. There is WAY TOO much info out there, just hoping that someone could recommend one from personal experience.

Oh, and we're not loaded so keep that in mind. The one thing I have found thru my searches is that I believe we can afford a lot more house or condo than hotel room for the money.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We'rInterested in renting a waterfront condo on intercoastal

There aren't that many short-term condo's available. From your needs, I would probably recommend the following

Sunrise - St. Pete Beach on the intercoastal

Gulf Gate Resort - St. Pete Beach, on the Gulf side

Camelot in Pass-a-Grille. You can get a ground floor unit. On the Gulf, but the intercoastal is only a short 2 block walk. You can rent fishing equipment from the Merry Pier.

All these have websites. If you can't find the sites, em me, and I will send you the links.

Here is the Camelot

libertemanagement.com/vacation-rentals/camel…

Edited: 2:54 pm, July 01, 2013
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We'rInterested in renting a waterfront condo on intercoastal

Here is the Sunrise

http://www.thesunriseresort.com/

The Gulf Gate website must be down for maintenance, as I could not connect. Just google Gulf Gate St. Pete Beach

Edited: 2:58 pm, July 01, 2013
SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: We'rInterested in renting a waterfront condo on intercoastal

Take a look at Pasa Tiempo, too. It is just so pretty! A private, tucked-away, luxurious spot right on Boca Ciega Bay, about a 10 minute walk to the beach. I think it might be exactly what you're looking for. Sept is off-season, so rates are fairly reasonable.

www.pasa-tiempo.com

4. Re: We'rInterested in renting a waterfront condo on intercoastal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 03, 2014