We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy weather?

Athens, GA
3 posts
Save Topic
Rainy weather?

Hi everyone! I was hoping to plan a last minute vacation to St. Pete Beach with my kids this week, June 3-8, but it looks like rain is in the forecast. I guess we are coming up on the rainy season, but I was wondering - do you normally just get a little shower everyday, or is it more like rain all day long? I'd love to come, but don't want to spend a ton of money just to hang out in the hotel room. Thanks for your advise!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,734 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy weather?

The norm for central and southern Florida is to have a thunderstorm or shower for only a limited part of the day. The upcoming week, however, has the potential for low pressure, most likely affecting the southern tip of the peninsula. Such bouts of weather can bring all-day rain. The National Weather Service is not terribly confident about its predictions at the moment.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy weather?

Probably best to postpone your trip if you can. It looks like we have an unusually rainy week coming up. :(

It is common in summer to get a quick late afternoon shower, but the forecast is calling for more significant rainfall.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,066 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy weather?

thursday looks the worst from long range forecast

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,857 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy weather?

Agree that you should postpone the trip. This week there's a 40% chance of rain all week in the Tampa Bay area, which includes St. Pete. Yesterday we had one of the heaviest showers for the season and it rained for about 4 hours.

Athens, GA
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy weather?

Sorry for the late reply everyone. Thank you all for your advice! I did end up postponing our trip. We're going to try again in July. :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
543 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy weather?

I would have just bought an umbrella and enjoyed what St Pete and its beaches have to offer.Rather than cancel the whole trip.

7. Re: Rainy weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:36 am, June 18, 2014