We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Getaway

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
29 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Getaway

We will be visiting our family in Venice and will have the opportunity to leave the kids with our relatives for a night away. Can anyone suggest a hotel accommodation ON the beach that's no longer than 2hr drive away. We're open to a Hotel, Inn or B&B as long as it's on the beach.

Doesn't have to be St Pete Beach, we're open to Sarasota and Ft Myers too.

THANKS!

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Getaway

To be honest, if I were in Venice, and only had one night, I would look closer than St Pete Beach! But, anyway...

Lots of beachfront properties here! It is difficult to recommend a particular place without knowing your preferences, budget, etc., but for starters...

For upscale, pampering, luxury, check out the Don Cesar.

www.loewshotels.com/Don-CeSar-Hotel

The Alden is a very nice all-suite hotel which tends to be quiet.

www.aldenbeachresort.com

For a fun, budget-friendly stay, check out the Beachcomber.

www.beachcomberflorida.com

In Fort Myers Beach, we have enjoyed staying at the Pink Shell Resort, but you might want to try posting in that forum for more ideas. :-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
29 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Getaway

Thanks for your reply. Where would you suggest that's closer to Venice, on the beach? We have stayed on Anna Maria Island before, but wanted to try something different.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,388 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Getaway

I have posted reponses on the Sarasota forum recommedning Sanibel island.

If you want something closer to Venice, I would look at Sandbox on the Beach on Siesta Key..they rent by the night, the units are directly on the beach and you are 2 blocks to Siesta Village. Restaurants, bars etc.

www.siestakeychamber.com

It's an easy drive from Venice so you don't have a long drive.

Why waste time? I remember when relatives would watch my daughter for the night, I didn't want to spend my free time in a car. ;-)

Sandbox on the Beach is a small complex on the north end of Siesta Key.

At a larger place (resort), you would be paying for amenities you won't be using like tennis, golf etc...

http://www.sandboxonthebeach.com/

~SRQgirl

4. Re: Couples Getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 05, 2014