We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

I looked at the hotels on TripAdvisor and saw a couple with great reviews that seemed to be on a budget price.

Gulf Tides and Sabal Palms seem to get great reviews.

I was told that the mid point of Saint Pete beach was a good place to stay.

I am all about the beach so finding the best hotel for my budget which is around $150 and below.

Any recommendations. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

Depending on the time of year, the Beachcomber would suit your needs fine and is centrally located on Gulf Blvd as it is in the 6000 block. Another great, budget friendly hotel is the Bon Air, but that is located a bit further down on Guld in the low 4000 block.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

Thanks. I'll be coming in the first week of May

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
898 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

1st week of May is normally when the rates go down, so you could well be in luck there.

Have you considered a condo resort? We stay in Gulf Gate you could get a Gulf View room in there, easily in your budget.

http://www.gulfgateresort.com/en/rates.html

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

Beachcomber, Bon Aire, Gulf Tides would all be good choices. Take a look at the Plaza Beach Resort, too.

www.plazabeachresort.com

Between the other two you mentioned, I would suggest the Sabal Palms. It is just across a very quiet street from the beach Lovely, quaint Old Florida neighborhood (Pass-a-Grille), and nice beach.

Gulf Tides is, as I'm sure you noticed, not directly beachfront. It is a couple blocks walk to the beach. I recall from your previous post on another forum that you are quite concerned about the quality of the beach and sand. The extreme northernmost end of SPB (which is the closest access point from Gulf Tides) has suffered a lot of erosion. Therefore, it is not as pretty as the other 4 miles of the beach, and the sand is coarser. Just FYI.

Boston
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

Believe it or not, you might find that you can stay at Sirata within that budget. I would give them a call directly and see if they would have anything available at that price during your dates. You'll be there in a quieter season, and they just may be willing to work within your budget. They have web-only prices that are nicely discounted, but you might do better over the phone.

I will be returning to Sirata in April for the third year in a row. It gets mixed reviews on TA, but I've enjoyed our stays. The location on the beach cannot be beat!

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

Try the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which has no extra resort fees. It's extremely clean and all of the rooms have kitchens. It's small so you are not inundated with tons of people and rowdiness. It's centrally located on Gulf Blvd nearby to shops, grocery stores and restaurants. They also get really good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

Bidding on Priceline is excellent in St Pete Beach fl zone. You can get some great deals. Now PL has something called Express Deals- you might look at that too. If you don't know how to bid, try www.betterbidding.com for help.

If you do the Express deal, you don't have to bid.

It is worth a look.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
54 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

We have stayed at the Bayview Plaza, part of the Plaza Resort threesome. I love this place and would highly recommend it. I've used Hotwire to snag a room there a couple of times now well below what they are asking on their site. The nice thing about Bayview is that you are on the Bay if you like to fish or see wildlife but can just walk across the street to the beach in five minutes. Last time we were there, we saw a mama manatee with her baby. They have kitchenettes where you can even cook eggs for breakfast and their pool area is quiet.

9. Re: Best budget hotel on Saint Pete's with a beach access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 03, 2014