We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

Halifax, Canada
11 posts
Save Topic
Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

I saw a similar question like this recently but not exact! My husband and I plan to be in the area in May and are going to a few Rays games in the evenings. Want to stay on the beach and want to be close to bars & restaurants. Also like to be able to rent a Cabana for the days on the beach and be close to getting some drinks & food. What is the best beach to stay on? We have only every stayed and spent time on Saint Pete's Beach.

We are staying for a week and wanted something more then just a standard room. Also having free internet access is key!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am really torn as to what to do!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

speaking for treasure island, plenty of choice there, the Bilmar is a nice hotel, on the beach, plenty of bars.restaurants in walking distance, sloppy joe,s, ricky t,s, walgreens and publix over the road to the hotel maya58 will be able to give you the SP on st pete beach, any more info just ask...

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

I've stayed a few times now at the Beachcomber in St Pete Beach, and would fit your description to a T. They have rooms with attached kitchens, so if "more than a standard room" means kitchen facilities, this is a great option. If you mean something like a condo and/or something fancy, not the place.

u.s
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

You could also try some vacation rentals in the area - through a rental company or a site like homeaway.com. Here is a nice one in Treasure Island that is walking distance to the beach: http://www.TreasurePalm.com

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

If you want something really special - you can't beat either the Hyatt (they offer suites - separate sitting room, and kitchenettes in all rooms), or the Sandpearl on Clearwater Beach. Both are within walking distance of LOTS of restaurants and bars, and have rooms with great views. Clearwater Beach is lovely with lots of charm. The Hyatt sits right across the street from the beach and the Sandpearl sits right on the beach. Cabanas are available in front of both hotels.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

Either St Pete (no 's, please :-)) Beach or Treasure Island could work for you. Both are very convenient to Tropicana Field. Much longer drive to the Trop if you were to stay in Clearwater Beach.

On SPB, a few of the beachfront hotels that are conveniently located and have kitchenette facilities and/or suites are the Beachcomber (as mentioned by Porelly), the Alden, Guy Harvey Outpost, Tradewinds Island Grand, and most rooms at the Sirata. Sorry, I am not sure which, if any, have free internet access.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
483 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

The Tradewinds and Guy Harvey offer internet and cabanas as part of their resort fee. The suites have kitchenettes, so those might be an option.

The properties also offer a deal for staying seven nights, but I'm not sure if it is available in April.

St Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

There are a lot of great boutique hotels and large hotels along St Pete Beach and TI. Most all properties offer WiFi these days, however traditionally the larger hotels will charge you about $9.95 per day for Wifi or charge you a resort fee, where smaller hotels usually offer Wifi for free. Also, you will get more for your money with a boutique hotel or a private beach villa, most have full kitchens, free Wifi, free parking and some of them even have Social hours with free beer and wine. Check out www.FloridaSSL.com which is a website for Superior Small Lodgings for Pinellas County, you'll find some great options for SPB or TI properties.

8. Re: Saint Pete Beach, Treasure Island, etc. Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 23, 2014