We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid April at grand plaza, critique my plan, advicequestions

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
10 posts
Save Topic
Mid April at grand plaza, critique my plan, advicequestions

Staying in mid April, anniv trip, leaving kids at home. Reserved a one bedroom suite facing the Gulf for a few days.

Is this peak season or will the crowds be a bit less than March..early April?

Dinner ideas..Spinners, sea grill, bongos, the Don C. restaurant, any other romantic spots either on the bay or ocean?

Lunch..bongos , mad fish, crabby bill, or any beachfront bar.

Recreation.. Scooter rental, jet ski, maybe fish at merry pier..John pass

Nightlife.. Bar hop, enjoy the live bands/music ( who has best live singers/band? jimmy b?

Use the free rides to get around...of course w/tip

Any tips or things I'm missing? Of course we'll be spending time on the beach and enjoying the views from our hotel balcony

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid April at grand plaza, critique my plan, advicequestions

Pretty comprehensive list there.

To try something slightly different,you might want to add Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish for lunch

Beverleys or Parsdise Grille in Passe-a-Grille for breakfast are probaly worth a try as well.

Drunken Clam, a local bar also has good live bands.

Cincinnati, Ohio
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid April at grand plaza, critique my plan, advicequestions

Thanks, probably try and do a meal in passé-grill as well. How is the water temp in mid April? Is Jimmy B usually the best bands in the evening? I assume it is still pretty crowded in mid April how long are the waits for the nicer restaurants?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid April at grand plaza, critique my plan, advicequestions

Most of the crowds are gone by mid-April. The snowbirds start heading north after Easter, so things really start to quiet down. You shouldn't have long waits at any restaurants at that time.

Gulf water temp is usually in the low to mid 70's in April. Very swimmable for those from northern climates.

Best band varies evening to evening, week to week! Barhop til you find one you like! Also, pick up a free BeachLife newspaper when you arrive, and check the entertainment listings. Some of the more popular performers around are Billy Agans, Double M Band, Act III (Motown), and Stormbringer, and they all play at various venues.

From your lunch list, I would skip Crabby Bill's (maybe just have a drink at their rooftop bar and enjpy the view of the beach), and add in Sandbar Bill's at the Bon Aire Resort. Best burgers on the Beach!

Also, do try to take a boat ride to enjoy our beautiful Gulf! Dolphin watch, sunset cruise, fishing trip...whatever interests you.

www.dolphinlandings.com

www.dolphinracer.com

www.misspassagrille.com

And you might enjoy a visit to Fort DeSoto Park. It is home to award-winning North Beach, kayaking, biking, walking trails, fishing piers, an old fort, and a ferry to Egmont Key, which is absolutely lovely and fascinating as well.

www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_ft_desoto.htm

Edited: 6:50 am, February 21, 2013
St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid April at grand plaza, critique my plan, advicequestions

Bring a big bag of money for all that stuff.

Cincinnati, Ohio
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid April at grand plaza, critique my plan, advicequestions

Thanks for the info Maya, much appreciated. I'll be sure to check out the websites and beach life for the list of live music. Happy to hear it won't be as crowded asMarch and the water temp should be good.

6. Re: Mid April at grand plaza, critique my plan, advicequestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 23, 2014