We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachcomber Resort and St Petes

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Beachcomber Resort and St Petes

Hi all

Just booked 8 nights at the Beachcomber Resort for the end of September. Can't wait! Spent 3 weeks in California and Vegas in June so didn't expect to come back to the States so soon. Was looking to go somewhere in Europe for a cheap week but the prices were ridiculous so I looked at St Petes and couldn't believe it when the price was about the same! I know where I'd rather go!

Me and my wife were in St Petes back in 2001. We got married at the Tradewinds Island Grand so it's going to be really nice to be back.

Anyway, my questions are has the area changed at all? What are the must do's and

don'ts. Are there any nice Restaurants

and Bars close to the Resort and how do people find the Beachcomber???

Thanks in advance!

Jason

london
Level Contributor
1 post
89 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beachcomber Resort and St Petes

Go to St pete beach twice a year and like the resort, my only critiscism is the number of restaurants that have closed the last few years and hte latest to close was the Village Inn which was very popular with Brits and done gopd meals there. Plenty of beach bars there and a few have regular entertainment the most popular for locals and tourists would be Jimmy bs bar located at the back of the beachcomber hotel. I recommend going to Johns Pass boardwalk as some nice restaurants and bars there to. I feel St Pete is a nice place to relax for families after the theme parks of Orlando.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beachcomber Resort and St Petes

You have made a great choice. We just got back from 5 nights at the Beachcomber, it was our second visit there. You will love the beach the hotel is clean-yes it may be a little dated, however saying this you have to understand it is on the beach and weather does a number on all places on the beach. It is a fantastic place to stay you don;t even need a car if you don't want to get one. One of the main reasons that makes this hotel stand out is the staff. They are a bunch of the most pleasant honest hard working people I have ever met.

13. Re: Beachcomber Resort and St Petes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 28, 2013