We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Saint Pete

chicago , IL
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in Saint Pete

My wife and I are going to head down to Saint Pete Beach second weekend of September.

Forgive my ignorance but how are the water in the area ? We were in fort myers a few years ago after spill and could see tar balls on the shore. Again, its been sometime and wanted to see if that if the water is clean and free of oil ..etc.

Thanks in Advance.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Saint Pete

The beaches in this area were never affected by the spill. No oil ever.

There may be more seaweed than normal on the beach due to TS Debby, and now TS Isaac, but no oil at all.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Saint Pete

The water is clear and the surf is calming after Isaac passed by. Seaweed was minimal to non-existant this AM. Looking good right now. Of course, conditions in the Gulf and on the beach are subject to change, but I wouldn't be too concerned. The beach is lovely more often than not!

Saint Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
4 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Saint Pete

No spill effects, some seaweed has been on the beach recently. Overall a good beach to walk and enjoy

4. Re: Beaches in Saint Pete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 16, 2013