We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

Can anyone tell me how the Platinum Club works at Jimmy B's-any real benefits-we are staying at the Beachcomber

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

It is free to sign up - just give your name and email, and unlike some "free" clubs, they will not fill your inbox with daily junk. They will ssue you a card that you present when you order. Last I knew, the food discount was 10% off menu prices. There are also special drink prices, like $2 domestic drafts.

I definitely think it's worth it, especially if you're trying to stretch your vacation budget! ;-)

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

"issue"

Also, I should have added that the service is just as good after you show your card as it is if you are paying full price.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

thanks maya-we definitely will sign up

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

update..there is a five day wait between date of application and when card is available for use so I sugggest e-mailing the resort prior to your stay and ask for an application. They will return one to you via e-mail that you can fill out and fax back to them or mail or however you chose to get it to them. They will have your card ready when you arrive. The application states a seven day wait. The application they send to you will show all the discounts. They seem worth the trouble, at least to me. For example normal domestic draft $3.25 non-member, $2.35 member, $1.49 member during happy hours.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

Dianna, thanks for the updated info. Very helpful to have the latest! We signed up so long ago.... :-)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

do you have to be a guest at Beachcombers to get the Platinum Jimmy B's card? going to St. Pete Beach in a few months but not staying at the Beachcomber. if not a guest at Beachcombers, how do I apply for the card?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

You don't have to be a guest at the Beachcomber to get the card. Try e-mailing the resort in advance, as Dianna outlined in post #4.

The card also works at Bongo's at the Grand Plaza (sister property), by the way.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

A drinking club?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

LOL...not a "drinking club" exactly, but a discount card for reduced prices on drinks and food! :-)))

Halifax, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Platinum Club at Jimmy B's

Do you email the Beachcomber resort directly ? There are 4 of us...doeseach person need to apply ?