We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going Crazy Trying to Choose Hotel/Condo...please help

St Louis, MO
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Going Crazy Trying to Choose Hotel/Condo...please help

Okay, I am ready to lose my mind. I have two small children (one is 3 years and the other is 2 months old). I've been pouring over TA for weeks and still just having trouble deciding. My husband and I normally like to stay in a condo so we have a kitchen, but honestly, i don't think we've ever really cooked on vacation so I guess that's not really a MUST. We would like a place that is fun for our 3 year old, is close to things to do, has oceanfront or least a decent view and is not ridiculously priced...meaning we'd like to preferrably stay under $1800 for the week. I'm thinking it needs to have a nice pool area too since my toddler will likely spend more time in the pool than the ocean? I was originally looking at Clearwater area and then moved to St Pete and Treasure Island hoping to find more options, but now I'm just overwhelmed. Can someone please give me your opinions about the best options?

Thanks in advance for any help for this sleep deprived and overwhelmed mother! :)

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going Crazy Trying to Choose Hotel/Condo...please help

Gulf Gate Resort is always my recommendation.

Right on the beach with loads of space for the children and a nice pool / cook out area.

There are Gulf Front rooms where you will have views over the Gulf or the other side looks out over the bay towards St Petersburg.

Lots of restaurants bars etc within easy walking distance and a handy Publix just across the Blvd for your everyday essentials.

http://www.gulfgateresort.com/

New Jersey
Level Contributor
395 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going Crazy Trying to Choose Hotel/Condo...please help

Treasure Isl has a very wide beach and could be rough dragging a a small child. toys ,cooler and other things down to the gulf. St Pete Beach has a much shorter beach,The Alden on St Pete is right on the beach with two pools and grills if you wish to cook out lots of families with children there The Trade Winds also looks like a good place for families it is located on either side of the Alden but they are more expensive. You would be better off staying on the gulf side of Gulf Blvd as it is a pretty wide road to cross to get to the water especially with two babies and supplies all hotels with even number addresses are on the gulf side odd numbers are across the street.. Maderia Beach the next town over from Treasure Island it has the shortest beach of them all.The Surf Song is a small condo property with a nice pool and grills for outdoor cooking plus each unit has it's own reserved parking spot it is right across the street from John's Pass which has loads of shops restaurants and water sports. Which ever you choose i am sure that you will have a great time 36 more days and we are there

3. Re: Going Crazy Trying to Choose Hotel/Condo...please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:53 pm, June 17, 2013