We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September trip to SPB, what to do??

Fort Worth, Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
September trip to SPB, what to do??

We will be in SPB for Labor Day (staying 4 days) and I am trying to find some fun things for us to do. I am interested in a guided snorkeling tour but cannot find anything! I am thinking we need to drive to Sarasota, but not sure how far that is? Any advice on a tour company? Also would love advice on swimming with dolphins, maybe some sort of fun day cruise or dinner cruise, and parasailing or jet ski tours. Its my 30th bday celebration (kid free!) so I am looking for some fun things for us to do. Also maybe some fun restaurants for dinner that have live music? Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Rockford, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: September trip to SPB, what to do??

we are going in october and staying in the vistas on the gulf...were the sloppy pelican or salty rim within walking distance?

Fort Worth, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: September trip to SPB, what to do??

No they werent, but a very short drive. I def reccomed the Salty Rim, it was my fav!

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: September trip to SPB, what to do??

Welcome, Jenn!

Take the Sloppy Pelican off your list. They closed abruptly last week. :(

Within easy walking distance of Vistas is the Drunken Clam. There are also many other restaurants with music within a short drive or Free Beach Ride.

www.drunkenclambar.com

www.seahagsbarandgrill.com

www.jimmybsbeachbar.com

www.wharfrestaurant.org (entertainment on weekends only)

www.thetoastedmonkey.com (This is a new place, so their website isn't complete yet, but should be viewable before you arrive.)

Rockford, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: September trip to SPB, what to do??

thank you so much for the info! That sucks about the pelican my co worker was there couple months back and said the drinks were good and cheap...i have only been to st. pete once and we stayed at the beachcomber so i am familiar with jimmy b's but it was a short trip and we werent able to go explore much... so any highlights or must see would be appriciated we will be down for a whole week and have absolutely NO plans :)

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: September trip to SPB, what to do??

Yeah, it's too bad about the Pelican. We always liked it there, and they seemed busy all the time. But the good news is that there are already crews in there doing renovations, so at least there willl be another restaurant opening! It is such a great location!

You might enjoy a trip to John's Pass. It is a fishing village and boardwalk with shops, restaurants, watersports, etc.

www.johnspass.com

Try to take a boat ride, too. Lots of options - sunset sails, dolphin watches, fishing trips, visits to little islands.

www.dolphinlandings.com

www.dolphinracer.com

www.misspassagrille.com

www.shellkeyshuttle.com

www.fundayadventures.com

A trip up to Clearwater Beach for the nightly sunset festival is always fun.

www.sunsetsatpier60.com

Downtown St Petersburg hasa beautiful waterfront downtown area with boutiques, parks, galleries, and museums. The Salvador Dali Museum is a must-see even if you're not "into" art - it is simply fascinating!

www.thedali.org

Don't forget to be on the beach for sunset! :-)

16. Re: September trip to SPB, what to do??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 06, 2013