We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upcoming trip advice needed

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tinley Park...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
upcoming trip advice needed

My husband and I are coming to stay at the tradewinds on saint pete beach and have been reading reviews and stuff, but just wondering if we could get a few more ideas on things to do/see in the area. Also a couple of restaurant recommendations and good spots for drinks/maybe dancing at night??

We are going to be there in June-just us-no kids. We are flying into Tampa and will have a rental car the whole time we are there.

Thanks

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: upcoming trip advice needed

Hi ehlers,

It's hard to give you "more" ideas when we don't know what you've already looked at! ;-)

But here are a few ideas:

A dolphin watch or sunset cruise

www.dolphinracer.com

www.dolphinlandings.com

John's Pass, a fishing village and boardwalk

www.johnspass.com

Downtown St Petersburg, with its lovely waterfront parks, museums, and sidewalk cafes

www.stpetepier.com

www.thedali.org

Fort DeSotoPark has an award-winning beach, biking, kayaking, walking trails

www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_ft_desoto.htm

Lots of waterports (parasailing, jet skis, banana boats, etc) available from kiosks right on the beach

If you have particular interests (like golf, for example), let us know and we'll see what we can come up with. :-)

Lots of good restaurants around (what kind of food do you like?). Some favorites of ours are Snapper's (finer dining), Skidder's (family style), Dockside Dave's (excellent grouper sandwiches), Beverly's (breakfast), Bella Habana (Cuban), Agave (Mexican), and Beachwood Barbeque.

Some casual, fun, good waterfront places are Sea Critters Cafe, the Wharf, Sea Hags, Salty Rim and Sloppy Pelican.

Drinks and dancing, head to Jimmy B's Beach Bar at the Beachcomber Resort. Daily music from mid-afternoon til late, and a good crowd that is usually a mix of visitors and locals. Sea Hags Bar and Grill has a good band most nights, too. Tuesday is Motown Night, not to be missed if you like to dance! And the Daiquiri Shack has a lively, fun crowd on weekends.

Have fun!

Edited: 9:50 am, May 22, 2012
Tinley Park...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: upcoming trip advice needed

Thank you Maya58-that was exactly what I was looking for :)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: upcoming trip advice needed

Congratulations on picking of The best beaches in FL! Things to do: check out a Tampa Bay Rays MLB game, drive up Gulf blvd in the afternoon and check out all the beaches as you go north. I would plan on hitting the beach in early morning and late afternoon (after 4 pm) . Between 11-3 it is extremely hot! Us native floridians stay off the beach at this time! Also make sure you wear sun screen. There will be jet ski rental just south of your hotel on the beach. Also, paddleboard rental has started to become popular over the last year or two. I beleive a place called Action Adventure sports rents them.

Good places to eat : Cafe Luna, Mario's Italian Restaurant , Skidder's, and Salt Rock Grill .

Report back with more questions!

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upcoming trip advice needed

The "Hurricane" has been serving grouper since the 1980's and has a lovely view. GiGi's is nearby and serves italian food and Crabby Bills is also nearby that serves seafood. All three are nearby the Tradewinds and are very busy and full of hungry visitors. I doubt that a visit to SPB would be complete without eating at these three places.

Edited: 12:55 pm, May 28, 2012
5. Re: upcoming trip advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 am, June 22, 2013