We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

Indiana
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

Taking a day trip to one of the above. What do y'all think is the best trip for a couple that enjoys walking a beautiful beach and searching for shells?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

Indy, I have never been to Caladesi (embarrassed to say), but a good friend who has been to all three, and whose judgment I trust, absolutely loves it there. It will be more of a drive to get there, but it might be your best bet.

That said, I would choose Egmont over Shell Island, unless you are pressed for time.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

I would head over to Caladesi. Beautiful. Then take the nature walk on Honeymoon to see all the osprey's. Nice beach too.

Indiana
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

Thanks!!!!

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
110 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

Egmont Key is just gorgeous. The far side beach is amazing. There are ruins, amazing shells, beautiful birds and sea turtles. Whatever you decide...have fun...

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

I love them all for different reasons. I would say however Honeymoon / Caladesi without a doubt ! Shell Key is small but excellent for shells, Egmont is interesting and the far side of the beach is beautiful as mentioned but for long walks in a beautiful natural surrounding it's Honeymoon / Caladesi, my personal favourite of the 3 mentioned, have a great time,

blondie **

UK
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

Which would you say is best for relaxing, tanning and 2 teens? Thanks

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

For relaxing and tanning, I think Caladesi might be best because it has chair/umbrella rentals and restrooms available. The other two are completely undeveloped. All three offer opportunities to shell and explore (although Shell Island is very small.)

But of course, the same sun will be shining on all three islands, so I guess you could relax and tan anywhere! Don't forget the sunscreen! :-)

UK
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

Thanks.

9. Re: Egmont Key, Shell Island, or Caladesi????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:42 pm, June 18, 2013