We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions,Questions

Thurso, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Questions,Questions

Hopefully someone will be able to answer a couple of questions for me.Staying at Island grand, July 12th for 3 days and looking for things for the kids to do around there. My girls are 15 and 10.

What like is the Island Grand ? Is it expensive to eat there ? Nice places to eat around there, recommendations. Any other ifo on the area greatly appreciated.

Edited: 3:45 pm, April 26, 2012
St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions,Questions

Island Grand is Premier resort on this island. It will be more costly to eat on the resort. (similar to DW pricining Orlando).

There are dozens of places to eat nearby that you can walk to. I can tell you the cheapest for feeding the kids would be Chik-fil-A and Buonna Pizza. Mid range Skidders, Silas Dent, higher end Snappers. Tons of reviews, and many others just outside of walking distance.

With regard to kids, if there are plenty of things available to do at the TW without ever leaving the property, (at additional charges of course). These will be obvious at check in without too much effort. If your kids are on the techno-geek side or are very much into theme park type attractions your best bet will be the TW for things to do. It is very self contained

If you start to run low on money or if you would like your children to get a different take on this area, you could buy them a couple of cheap fishing rods at the tackle shop at Dolphin Village and some frozen bait and let them fish off the seawalls in Pass-a-grille in the evenings. If they are somewhat adventurous and curious to meet an American child, or get a feel for what life is like on the other side try Kids Beach Tours, www.kidsbeachtours.com . It also might be a good way to get a break from the kids for a little while.

Please be mindful crossing the street in front of your resort, and Have a wonderful Holiday

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions,Questions

In addition to the many activities at the Island Grand, there are also watersports kiosks on the beach, offering parasailing, jetskis, kayaks, more.

The girls would probably also enjoy a dolphin watch boat ride. Check out www.dolphinracer.com and www.dolphinlandings.com .

They might also enjoy spending a couple hours at John's Pass Village, a boardwalk and fishing village with lots of shops, ice cream stands,restaurants, glow mini-golf, live gator, boat rides, etc.

www.johnspass.com

Thurso, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions,Questions

Thanks for the replys. I will certainly look into all your suggestions and see how I get on.

Thanks again

4. Re: Questions,Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:40 pm, June 18, 2013