We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - Treasure Island or St Petes ???

London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay - Treasure Island or St Petes ???

Please help ??

We are planning a trip to Florida next spring, 1 week in Orlando and 1 week on the Gulf coast. We have 2 boys aged 10 & 8 and are travelling with another family with kids of the same age. We would like to rent 2 apartments/condos with 2 bedrooms each, would like a proper kitchen so we have the flexibility to make our own food if needed. Also would like communal pool, ideally beachfront and would like to be able to walk to shops, restaurants bars etc. I have searched for hours on the internet and feel I'm going round in circles !!! I was looking at Sunset Vistas Beach resort and also Barfeoot Beach resort. Does anyone know how close to restaurants etc these are ? Haven't got very far looking at St.Petes yet so any recommendations appreciated - Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay - Treasure Island or St Petes ???

We rented a condo in Treasure Island with your needs. We used this site -

resortrentals.us

We rented at Lands End condos.

Mentioned in this post
London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay - Treasure Island or St Petes ???

Thanks, I did look at lands end but got the impression that it is quite a long way from anything, ie, walking to restaurants etc. Is that right ???

WINNIPEG
Level Contributor
223 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay - Treasure Island or St Petes ???

Yes, Land Ends is a bit of a walk to the restaurants in Treasure Island. Caddy's is close, but the rest are on Guld Blvd. Sunset Vistas is a good condo to rent location wise. I have not stayed there, but many people on the TI forum seem to like it. It is located in an area walkable to many of the fun and entertaining areas of Treasure Island.

Mentioned in this post
Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
997 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay - Treasure Island or St Petes ???

We stay at Gulf Gate Resort. Right on the beach and walk-able to bars restaurants and supermarkets

http://www.gulfgateresort.com/

Mentioned in this post
Gulf Gate Resort
Gulf Gate Resort
106 Reviews
St. Pete Beach, FL
5. Re: Where to stay - Treasure Island or St Petes ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:43 am, June 19, 2013