We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Resort" ON the beach

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
1 review
Save Topic
"Resort" ON the beach

I'm trying to locate a resort positioned ON the beach, no crossing a street. This is for a family with 4 kids ranging from 12 - 18 yrs old, 4 days in late April. Can anyone throw a few names to me? Is the Don Cesar still a nice place?

Thanks!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Resort" ON the beach

Hey chicago,

There are all kinds of places on the beach in St Pete. Depends if you're looking for more fancy (like the Don Ceasar), or just a good economical place to stay to enjoy the beach.

My last 2 trips to Florida, I stayed at the Beachcomber which is located in the 6000 block of Gulf Blvd, within walking distance of many restaurants, convenience stores, even a supermarket. It's nothing fancy, but it's a clean place with a gorgeous courtyard, 2 pools, awsome staff (so friendly), a beach bar with live music 7 days a week, on the beach. The bathrooms are small, but the rooms are large, even has a walk in closet. It's a motel style hotel, meaning you access your room from the outside which I like. There are chairs right outside the rooms so you can sit outside. They also have rooms with a kitchen, which might be useful for a family trip.

www.beachcomberflorida.com/hotel-home.asp

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Resort" ON the beach

The Tradewinds, Sirada, and the Don are a good start if you have plenty of dough to throw around. All right on the beach. If you want a waterfront room, be sure to top up the reservation with a guaranteed Gulf water view, not sorta kinda like most tend to sell, and certainly not "Bay view" or Gulf (Blvd) view.

Remember that every single person who rents a room on this island want a gulf view, yet only around 40-45% of rooms actually are. So there are plenty of people at waterfront resorts looking out to the road.

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Resort" ON the beach

Gulf Gate Resort would be my choice.

A condo resort.

A real home from home right on the beach and easy walking distance to restaurants etc.

http://www.gulfgateresort.com/

New Jersey
Level Contributor
390 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Resort" ON the beach

The Alden is a good choice right on the beach has two pools two hot tubs and grills for outside cooking.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: "Resort" ON the beach

Thanks so much! This info is for a family of 6, friends of mine.

Boston
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Resort" ON the beach

I recommend the Sirata resort. I found in my research that it has the most reasonable suites compared to the Tradewinds properties. My family and I stayed there last April and will return next month. We visited the Don, and it does seem nice, but I personally think it's a bit overpriced.

However, if your friends are open to a condo property that isn't quite as lively as a resort property, I think the Gulf Gate would be a great bang for the buck, especially since your friends will need more room as a family of 6.

7. Re: "Resort" ON the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, March 31, 2013