We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

Will be in St Pete beach end of May 21st -24th midweek, was wondering if I will need restaurant reservations for places like Snappers/Skidders etc?. I know this is low season but does that mean quiet restaurants midweek?

Thank you

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

You should be fine. They will be happy to have you.

West Springfield, MA
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

I would go early or make reservations. Was there last week and was crazy. Had to wait 30 min. or more for most places and some needed reservations or could not get in at all.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

It's crazy down here now as it's spring break but I would think, midweek, in May, you should be ok.

Level Contributor
2,365 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

We are coming at the end of April for a week, what do you you call your high season and low season in St Pete's area?

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
645 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

We've been in may several times and have never needed to book midweek - you should be fine.

Enjoy!

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

Snappers does not take reservations. Will let you call ahead 30 minutes to get name on the list.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

Thank you to all the people who replied.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

Noodlesetc,

Winter and early spring are high season here, with the peak being Spring Break in March. Different schools have different weeks off, so the whole month of March is very busy. By the end of April, there will be fewer vacationers and most of the snowbirds will have gone back up north. You shouldn't have any problems getting a table.

Incidentally, late April and May are lovely times to visit. That is my favorite time of year, weather-wise (hot days but little humidity), and the water in the Gulf is warming up. :-)

9. Re: Midweek, restaurant reservations needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. Pete Beach