We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good vacation hotel or resort for Teens

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good vacation hotel or resort for Teens

We are going the 10-17th in August...last minute vacation. I have a teenager. Can someone recommend a hotel area around North-Southwest Florida, that would be fun for a teen and doesn't have red tide. Preferably with kitchenette or at least a fridge and microwave.

Cinti, Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good vacation hotel or resort for Teens

Just like I posted for someone else: I just returned from the Plaza Beach Resort with my family and had a wonderful time. I have a 13yr old and a 18yr old, both had a great time, there's lots to do in the area. The front desk gave us coupons to the local restauants and for Parasailing and Jet skiing. We only paid about $100.00 per night. In my opinion, thats' a great value for a room on the beach with a full kitchen. Go www.plazabeach.com for more info.

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good vacation hotel or resort for Teens

I just posted a review on the Sirata Beach Resort in St. Pete's Beach. Go to the "hotels on St Pete Beach" list on the left of this page and check out my reivew when it posts.

Mentioned in this post
Sirata Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
4,572 Reviews
St. Pete Beach, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good vacation hotel or resort for Teens

It is impossible to predict whether or not the Bay area beaches will at any point be unaffected by red tide during your stay but with a little luck it will be gone by the time you leave. Many of the north-western gulf beaches are having problems of their own with the damage from the last hurricane but if you go to the Destin or Panama City forums you may be able to get some good advice there.

Sorry I can't help you with the hotel thing as I have never had occasion to stay in one.

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good vacation hotel or resort for Teens

I just came from St. Petes beach up to Clearwater beach and they all had spouts of red tide at some point during our 6 day stay. What we did was hop from one beach to another depending on which one was affected the most on that particular day. They are all very close to one another so it was not a problem at all. The area I would take my teenagers to would be Clearwater beach. It had the most activities available while my hotel at St. Petes beach did not.

Mentioned in this post