We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

License needed for a waver runner?

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kansas city
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
License needed for a waver runner?

I am taking my win 14 year old boys next month to the Alden.Does anyone know if they need to have a license or have to ride with me when renting a wave runner.

thanks,

steve

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: License needed for a waver runner?

I don't think that it would be required for a passenger.I believe it would be just for the person operating the machine..

JLF
MA
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: License needed for a waver runner?

hi, we were at St Pete beach 2 weeks ago and at the Tradeswinds Island Grand they have a cabana which is maybe Daves waterports where you can rent waverunners. I inquired: from the Tradewinds you take a shuttle bus to the area where you actually rent the waverunners. He said it is a florida state law the driver must be 21 yrs, younger must be riders. He did say our 19 yr old daughter could take a test{written} which was going to take 45 min. or so and then she would be given a one yr FLA license and could drive one. We ended up not renting as my 16 yr old was the one that wanted to drive one but could not because she was too young.