We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic stay

miami
Level Contributor
420 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic stay

My girlfriend is going to stay w/her fiance in st pete beach for one night. I was helping her in finding a hotel, the Grand Plaza looks very nice & I found some good rates. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,809 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic stay

You cant beat the Don CeSar for romantic, you can check in and not have to leave because they have a couple of great restaurants and little bars, my favorite is the tiki bar. The beach is nice too.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic stay

The Don is the closest thing to "over the top" SPB has. Not quite there but gorgeous pink building and the most upscale thing there. If they would like more funky/eclectic lodging look at Islands End at the tip of Pass a Grille.

BTW when I was in SPB a couple of weeks ago there is construction on the south end of the hotel (toward Pass a Grille) and it looks like they are adding a wing. I'd avoid that side because your view will be of construction.

Rock City, IL
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic stay

My husband and I stayed at the Tradewinds Sandpiper in October for a VERY ROMANTIC anniversary trip.

The Sandpiper was perfect because they have an "adults only" pool and whirlpool area where no kids are allowed. Not that we don't like kids.....we have them, but when on a romantic get away, I prefer not to have to deal with anyone's children.

It was much less expensive than the Don Cesar or the Island Grand.

Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic stay

My wife and I recently stayed at Pasa Tiempo in St. Pete Beach (www.pasa-tiempo.com). This is in a residential area and appears to be a small apartment complex that has been converted to a B&B. Very private, adults only, and right on the intracoastal waterway. It's not a full service hotel or even all that luxurious, but it was clean, quiet, private, and within walking distance to some nice restaurants.

5. Re: Romantic stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, September 16, 2009