We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,739 posts
310 reviews
Save Topic
what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

A few years back I had dinner at a restaurant at St Pete Beach--cannot for the life of me remember the name. It was at an intersectionwhere there were other restaurants and a bridge to one of the keys. I ate fried oysters on a terrance -- right at the railing-- overlooking the intracoastal waterway at the back of the restaurant. What's the name? Is it stil there? Thanks.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,739 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

After lots of internet searching to find pictures, have decided that it was The Wharf. If I have time, I may chek out Sea Critters also. Thanks!

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

woody's

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,739 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

Well. I will be eating there next weekend so I will post as to which it was!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,739 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

Well, the one I was looking for was indeed The Wharf. My meal there was a disappointment...inedible salad and baked potato, OK fried oyters and scallops. I did a review that should show up in a few days.

Woodys is in a great location on the gulf side of the barrier island--I checked it out but the food was fried or burgers and I was looking for something else at that point in my trip.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,206 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

it sounded like sea critters to me but last time we were there is had fallen off somesorry to say. in any event glad you found it!

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the Wharf, we went again on our last trip and the food was great, you must have been unlucky as you seem to have enjoyed it first time round.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

Try the new place on 8th Avenue--Mozaic Cafe. Its fresh and good.

RE: Wharf--I only eat the steamed shrimp there--otherwise its just greasy.

The Cuban sandwich at Sea Critters is extra good.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

had a terrible experience at Mozaic......food and service were awful!!

I think it is possible that they were having a bad night.....but it would have been nice of them to say so and tell us they could not accommodate our party of 11. It seemed to throw them right over the edge....even though when we called to make reservations they sounded thrilled to have such a group!! ?????

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

That is too bad about Mozaics...I have really enjoyed my prior visits there but my last visit 2 days ago--I found that they couldn't keep up in the kitchen when they were super busy-- But I do like the food. I've been a half a dozen times and its always been good and fresh. Your experience sounds just the opposite--which is probably due to them working the kinks out (hopefully) and I also think that the managers are a bit green.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: what restaurant was this--on the intracoastal waterway

it's too bad, because we go to PAG alot.....I won't ever go to Mozaic again, just because of the way we were treated when we had the nerve to complain. I know that location has seen alot of restaurants......I'm sure we won't have to wait long to try the next one!