We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

Boston...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

Coming to SPB for a long weekend and won't have a car. We plan to walk, or take trolley. We are going to a Red Sox/TB baseball game one night, and will take a cab. After reading so much about Ft. DeSoto Park, I would love to see it. Could we take a cab there, or is it really expensive? I know we can take a boat to Egmony Key from Dolphin Landing, (I think thats the name), which is close to our hotel. Any info would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

Not sure how much it would cost buns, try this website

www.batstaxis.com

the local taxi co in St Pete.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

sorry correct site is www.batstaxi.com

good luck

Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

Ft. Desoto is quite large. If you take a taxi, there would most likely be multiple stops.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

Taxis usually take you directly to where you ask them to take you -- only one stop.

Do be aware, however, that the traffic going into Fort DeSoto can stretch for miles -- the park is enormous, and it's rarely truly crowded, but the entry road is only two lanes.

I'd hate to see you sitting for an hour in a traffic jam, especially if the famously finicky drawbridge decided to get stuck!

Boston...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

Really appreciate the reponses/ info. Since we will only be there from Friday - Tuesday, I think we'll leave Ft. DeSoto Park for another time, and, instead, take a boat from Dolphin's Landing to Egmont Key (which also looks beautiful). Spending time on a boat sounds like a lot more fun than sitting in traffic in a cab!! Thanks again for your help!!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

Hi st pete beach next year and just wondered what Ft. Desoto Park and dolphin landing was. I know this may sound like a silly question but just want as much info as possible

thanks

zoe

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

zoej1, always consult your Google Gods ... they know everything. LOL.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

bun57....seems to me that you could rent a car for what you will pay in cab fares......just a thought

9. Re: getting to Ft. DeSoto Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 06, 2009