We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SGI! October 2013

Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
SGI! October 2013

Hello there strangers! Returing to the island after a 10 year hieautus! Coming back as adults with our 15 year old daughter, her buddy, and our 5 year old. My childhood summers were spent here with my parents,also my husband and I were married here 10 years ago. We haven't seen fit till return till now, like I said before been here many times but only spring and early summer. Just curious how October might be, I do understand the weather is unpredictable, just a lil insight for fishing for my husband. We'll be staying east end, we've always the loved area, private and pristine

Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: SGI! October 2013

To redbud, i have already bought my pool closing chemicals and prepared the kids, today I changed my mind, our 2 week outlook is dry and in the upper 90's. We usually hit 100 10-15 times in the summer, this season not at all and only above 90 degress 8 days. We had already prepared to bring out the sweaters and fall decor, honestly excited about it, now we're planning a pre-fall swim party! We're telling ourselves it's a warm up to our fall beach vacation, unbelievable weather! We're farmers, also own and run a very small residential construction business. The weather the past 3 years has been unbelievable, 100 year flood spring 2011, 100 year drought last summer and this year very cool and very wet summer. Gotta take the good with the bad, so much for global warming (ha ha)!

Red Bud, Illinois
Level Contributor
153 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: SGI! October 2013

I am sitting by the pool right now with fan on the deck. Hot here too and for next 15 day forecast. I am going to be wishing I waited another week but already scheduled. Lots of swimming this weekend! Pretty crazy weather that is for sue! Enjoy your pool time!!

Brandon, MS
Level Contributor
100 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: SGI! October 2013

We go late November every year and its definitely cooler. We usually had warmer clothes for early morning and late evening walks but were in shorts midday. Last November they had a cooler than normal cold spell so it was really cool in the mornings but was warm enough for the AC by mid afternoon. You will enjoy the heated pool for sure.

Here in the central past of MS, my pool will remain open till at least the end of September. We still have upper 90 temps with heat indexes reaching 100.

We got lucky at SGI this past July, the temps were in the mid 80's for the 2 weeks we were there. Cant beat that kind of nice weather on the beach in mid summer!

14. Re: SGI! October 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island
Recent Conversations