We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with children when you have rain all week

Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with children when you have rain all week

We will be going to St. George Island with children what is there to do on rainy days because we are pretty sure we will have rain at least for a few days

allen tx
Level Contributor
37 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with children when you have rain all week

http://apalachicolareserve.com/ This is a very cool place just off island. Part aquarium part museum. They have a really cool turtle talk, I think on Wed, check tho. Wakulla Springs State Park is a lot of fun too. About an hours drive, so may be raining on SGI but not there. Boat rides thru the swamp and you may see manatees too!

Edited: 12:19 pm, August 13, 2013
allen tx
Level Contributor
37 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with children when you have rain all week

Just noticed your from Mass, I grew up there!

allen tx
Level Contributor
37 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with children when you have rain all week

http://www.gulfspecimen.org/ another place the kiddos would like. Kind of quirky. A short drive.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with children when you have rain all week

i luv swimming in the rain---no ighteng though---could fish in rain too,actually its very good in rain.Theres a guy who runs a boat with a large inside cabin ,holds like 20 peple out of appalatch--he goes up rver and sees gators,eagles etc--ill look up his name and re post

PS heres a link http://www.captgill.com/--we took out 5 boys under 8 and he was very good with them.Agaian if its lightening dont do it,but if its just a gentle rain its fun--we went on a nice day,and he found a spot we could swim in the river off a sand jetty kids loved it

Edited: 12:58 pm, August 13, 2013
Brandon, MS
Level Contributor
100 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do with children when you have rain all week

Depending on the home you are renting, we've had a few places that were stocked with games , puzzles and movies. As long as there is no lightning, go play in the rain! We have had some of the most fun and memorable days while playing on the beach in the rain. If you aren't into playing in the rain, take the opportunity to visit some of the shops on the island and or drive over to Apalachicola and visit the shops. As mentioned previously, visit the estuary museum and aquarium located just off the bridge to the right when heading off the island.

Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do with children when you have rain all week

Thanks everyone for the great ideas...I really appreciate your taking the time to give me some good ideas!!

Edited: 2:41 pm, August 13, 2013
Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do with children when you have rain all week

We live in Holland MA where were you from?

allen tx
Level Contributor
37 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do with children when you have rain all week

I grew up in Hanson Ma

9. Re: What to do with children when you have rain all week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island