We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf cart or GEM rentals

Au Gres
1 post
Save Topic
Golf cart or GEM rentals

Spending a week on SGI soon. How beneficial is a golf cart? Where can I take it? Any idea on the prices?

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf cart or GEM rentals

i cant see any reason to have one--theres only 1 main paved road--there is a bike path thats paved,dont kniw if carts are allowed--there not much to see really with a art, but if youd rather a cart than a car go for it

Roswell, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf cart or GEM rentals

Not worth it. I have been going to St George for20 years. The one main road does not allow golf carts. You cannot use it in the Plantation or on the bike paths and there is only one small shopping area. Bring your bikes instead or rent some on the island.

Brandon, MS
Level Contributor
100 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf cart or GEM rentals

We see many people on the carts but as the others have posted you are limited on where they can be used. In the center of the island between West 12th street and east 10th street you can use them on the interior roads of which most are not paved. We always rent bikes and usually through Jolly Rogers beach shop. We will typically rent for more than a week so the guy there will cut us a deal.

4. Re: Golf cart or GEM rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island