We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
294 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve

Has anyone visited the Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve that's been re-located to Eastpoint right as you get ready to cross the bridge ?

Is it worth a stop?

I understand this place used to be located in Apalachicola but in recent years was re-located to Eastpoint for some reason.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
630 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve

I was there last year. It was quite enjoyable and I suggest you see it. It's newly built and the admission isfree. The museum is small and "workable" (as in not exhausting) and quite charming. It was so enjoyable that I believe we will return this year. They have some good artifacts found at SGI, including "kitten paws," little shells that resemble a kitten's paw print. I would LOVE to find one of those on the beach!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve

It is a must see if you are on the island. Much improved over the old one in Apalach and our kids has a blast. Be sure to bring bug spray if you plan on walking the trail.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve

its very good--id save it for a rainy/cool day so you dont miss time on the beach--my 5 grandsons under 8 loved it

4. Re: Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island