We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Beach Palace"

Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
"Beach Palace"

For the first time ever when planning a holiday we did not research on TA. Think we have made a horrible mistake. We have put a deposit on a property on St George Island & have since read some very alarming reviews. We have always found trip advisor very reliable & we take 3 - 4 holidays a year. We have found it very difficult to get information from SGIVP & much of the info, (contracts) we have rec"d has been incorrect. We were told by Nicebeachhomes.com after we made our initial deposit to them to deal w/ Becky @ SGIVP. We have never heard frm Becky. We continue to get incorrect info frm various individuals .

Can anyone help us w/ some up to date info on "Beach Palace" & SGIVP? Would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Edited: 10:43 am, March 25, 2011
Dallas, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: "Beach Palace"

We had a similar experience this month. Although the house has great potential, the owner has done a poor job of maintaining it. For the money we spent, we expected a lot more than what we got, i.e. you DON'T always get what you pay for! We voiced our complaints to both the owner and SGIVP and got no response. I know we will not be renting through them again.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Beach Palace"

we always rent thru Collins and have never had a problem--stay with them next time, or Prudential

Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Beach Palace"

Thank you for the update on the "Beach Palace" & SGIVP. I must say that I am very apprehensive about this property. We have found SGIVP to be less than "forthcoming" w/ valid information. They do not seem to be at all concerned with the condition of their rentals or customer service. Any further info that you could provide to help us to make this a wonderful family vacation would be greatlly appreciated. Items that we might take (that are missing from the property, etc) Is the pool in good operating condition & is it clean. Is the home clean & stocked w/ necessities, dishes, cooking utensiles, etc. We have also heard that the bed linens are quite old & of very poor quality. Is this correct? We are a family of 10 staying for one week.

Thank you

Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Beach Palace"

Wish we had known about Collins realty when we booked. Have only heard good things about them. At his point I would never recommend SGIVP rentals.

Nashville TN USA
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: "Beach Palace"

Where can one find reviews of specific houses for rent on St. George Island? Is there a site where you can search? Many thanks.

Edited: 12:46 pm, July 03, 2011
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Beach Palace"

if you do a google search on the name you might get a hit--also Tripadvisor.com has lots of reviews.Honestly, you can ask Collins and they give you the straight scoop.Ive been going there 25 years, only rent beach front in Plantation and would only be too willing to give you thoughts on houses in there that Ive rented.I really like Drs Orders in there as a nice spot

7. Re: "Beach Palace"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, October 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island