We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Community Fees, minigolf, and boardwalk questions

Franklin
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Community Fees, minigolf, and boardwalk questions

I am planning my first ever vacation to SGI after discovering it a couple of years ago during a previous vacation. I am currently looking at homes in Plantation and have noticed a couple of very brief blurbs regarding "community fees" on the Collins web site as well as a VRBO listing. Is there a resort fee of some sort for Plantation that will be added to my rental?

Also I have a 8 year old son with a requirement for all beach vacations, one night of minigolf. Someone please tell me if there is a place on the island or back on of the bayside towns so I do not have to haul everyone to gawdawful PCB for a daytrip.

The family going with us has promised parasailing to their daughter. I would prefer to be away from that stuff, but is there a vendor doing any of that stuff on the island?

Last question, is there a boardwalk or path connecting all those beachside cul-de-sacs in Plantation?

Thanks for the help everyone

St. George Island...
Level Contributor
176 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Community Fees, minigolf, and boardwalk questions

Collins does not include community fees or travel insurance in their prices. RVP does. Neither includes the 9% taxes. When pricing options, be sure to ask what is included and what the extra fees will total.

Minigolf is across the bridge in Eastpoint. I think its called Putt & Fuss.

I have never seen parasailing on SGI.

All of the cul-de-sacs are connected by a paved walkway which also serves as the bikepath throughout The Plantation.

Have a great time.

Franklin
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Community Fees, minigolf, and boardwalk questions

Thanks so much for the answer. You wouldn't happen to know the Plantation fee amount just in case I rented from Collins?

St. George Island...
Level Contributor
176 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Community Fees, minigolf, and boardwalk questions

$55

Red Bud, Illinois
Level Contributor
153 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Community Fees, minigolf, and boardwalk questions

I don't believe there is parasailing but there is jet ski rental by the 1/2 hour at the Blue Parrot. Boardwalks are at the end of every street in the Plantation. I rent through RVP and they are all inclusive...no hidden fees just add the 9% tax to their posted rate.

5. Re: Community Fees, minigolf, and boardwalk questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island