We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a few questions

atlanta
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Just a few questions

Do most of the homes in St. George Island have air conditioning?

Are there any bike rental outfits?

My wife and I have never been to SGI but would like to go early June.

A nicely furnished 2br home with a private pool near a good beach.

Thoughts? Many thanks for helping.

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a few questions

All of the homes on St. George Island have air conditioning. There are several places that rent bikes. Adventures of St. George Island and The Jolly Roger just to name 2. June is a great time to visit the Island. My favorite companies to rent homes from are: Resort Vacation Properties and Collins Vacation Rentals. You had better hurry if you want to rent a house with a pool, they are filling up fast.

Let me know if you need any help. Thanks!!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
103 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a few questions

You can also try one of these:

Home Away

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r8028

SGI Vacation Properties

www.stgeorgeislandvacationproperties.com/

Vacation Rentals By Owner

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…10739

Good luck in your search. I know you'll love Saint George Island and will want to come back again. Be sure to try a wide variety of the restaurants both on the island and in Apalachicola.

Evansville, IN 47714
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a few questions

All of the homes on SGI have air conditioning. it is not a primitive island even though it is not developed in the traditional sense. Beautiful island. Very relaxing. Several restaurants on the beach (in the summer ) for quick bites. Otherwise go to Appalachicola for finer dining. Wonderful area. Have stayed in several rental homes as wll in the Villas of St. St. George. The Villas are very nice and at the center of the island. Convenient to everything. Go to St. Joseph St. Park Peninsula by boat - rental in St. Joe - it is a wonderful secluded place. Go to Eddy Teaches. For nicer dining go to Appalachicola. Great area. Wonderful people.

4. Re: Just a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:56 am, January 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island
Recent Conversations